• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

(Windows / C++) How to show an icon of the program when alt tabbing

This topic is 4589 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I know how to properly create a full screen window for a game etc. However no 'alt tabbing icon' will be shown for the DX program or after the program uses ShowWindow(hWnd, SW_HIDE); to hide itself. (After it uses that the only place where the program is shown is in the running processes list.) So I need the window not to be so sneaky one.

Advertisement
But when you hide your window, you can't alt-tab to it, so why would there be a icon in the alt-tab list? If you want it to be visible and tabable, don't hide it. It is perfectly possible to have a full screen app without hiding the window.

That is how I always do it. I make the window black, with no borders, title bar or other fancy stuff. Only a black rectangle which covers the entire monitor on which the application is run.

Well I simply need to hide the window when the game opens a web browser so firewalls wouldn't mess up the program. So I guess I have to use something else to just minimize the window.

I still can't see it in the 'alt tabbing list' though. But it shows elsewhere.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement