• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
motorsep

Quake engine coding

This topic is 4767 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Are any programmers here familiar with Quake Engine (Dark Places or QFusion in particular)? I am looking for one to help me out with my game studio and it's projects. I would really appreciate your reply! E-Mail: a_zubov (at) kot-in-action.com MSN: a_zubov (at) hotmail.com

Advertisement
Perhaps this is better suited to the help wanted forum?

You might get a better response if you describe your project(s) also.
When you say 'help' I assume you really mean 'work for free'. More specific info might interest more people.

Well, I did post in <Help Wanted>, but I haven't gotten _any_respond from there. To many people ask for help and your post dissaperas in a day. And Ive tried to bump it up, but I gues it didn't work :(
And you right. I can not afford to pay my team members at this moment. But sometimes you have to startd from scratch. And I look for people who clearly understands that..

Guest Anonymous Poster
LOL no ones even flaming this guy... I guess it really does get old after a while?

Quote:
I can not afford to pay my team members at this moment. But sometimes you have to startd from scratch. And I look for people who clearly understands that..

Oh, we understand that. The problem is nobody wants to work with someone who doesn't do anything. What have you done to make your project a reality? Do you have a demo completed? In game art like some levels or character models/animations? What do you bring to the project? You see people come around this and other forums frequently looking for 'help making their awesome game' when in fact they're just looking for cronies to do the work.

Don't mean to sound harsh. Ideas are easy, making games is hard.

Fortunately, I know (I would better say "can imagine") what it takes to make a game. I am in pre-production stage and it's not my game i am working on. I write des doc and one of my team members do some sketches. Once she will be done, I will start modeling, unwraping and texturing. But we don't have programmer. I believe I have to have technology and understand how it works.. Know all limitation and capabilities. If I will go with whatever engine and make a level and then for some reason I'll switch to another engine, then t's gonna be pain in one place to redo it for another engine. So I am not one of those people who generates ideas only. I love to put my talent to work too.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
If I will go with whatever engine and make a level and then for some reason I'll switch to another engine, then t's gonna be pain in one place to redo it for another engine. So I am not one of those people who generates ideas only. I love to put my talent to work too.

What format your levels and models are in doesn't matter. All of the free and commercial modeling packages allow you to export to a wide variety of formats. So this isn't an issue. But you don't even know that. This tells everyone you don't know anything and are most likely just another kid with big ideas who'll lose interest in a month.

I am not a kid. Ive been interested in making games since 1998. I was even coding for Q on QC. But never mind big boy, I guess it's clear for you who I am.
If you don't have answer on my question, please don't bother press a key.

Have you taken a good, hard look at Torque yet from Garage Games? I don't mean to make an unsolicited suggestion. Its just that you can probably find a fair number programmers around that own a copy of it and are familiar with it.

Well, anonymous posters can easily start flaming, cant they?..
Especially if they just want to prove some stupid point.

motorsep: I think you'd be better looking for help on #qc and on the other quake channels. GameDev has a very special attitude toward helping others:
Its more like flaming, laughing, mocking and not wanting to do any actual work.
People seem to only want to join projects that are already done so they wont have to go through any hard work and just earn the credits instead.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Which network is #qc on?

This topic is 4767 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.