• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
cppcdr

question about buttons

This topic is 4764 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi. This problem has been bothering me for a while because i am programming a 3d modeler like milkshape or 3dsmax. I know that i could create my interface using directx but i would rather not. I was wondering if it was possible to create buttons that have images in c++ with the WinAPI without using MFC. If it is possible, please explain with a bit of code or a link to a tutorial. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Google -->

I dont think this is exactly what your looking for but it should put you on the right track...

http://xmax.altervista.org/eng/imagebutton.php

**Hint Hint** Look at the source provided with the example... ;)

--Steven Ashley

Thanks for the reply but the source code doesn't seem to work. I cant seem to include the files :
#include <uxtheme.h>
#include <tmschema.h>
Anyway, isn't there an easy way to create a button with an image?
I don't want to code for 3 hours to get one button to work. (now that i think about it, thats the amount of time i have already lost because of these buttons)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!