• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MTclip

reaction off non moveable object

This topic is 4830 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have the collision and a reaction working, I dont yet have the reaction I want... i am just apply the inverse force of the object thus sending him back from where he came... all i want is to find the correct perp angle to send it.. is there a way to do that if you only know 2 points p1(the point that made contact with imoobile object) p2( the previous point that had no contact)..... currnetly i am finding the collision normal by taking (p2 - p1) ... I am not looking for a perfect reaction just one that would send the obeject in the correct 45degree perp.. heres what i got
void CEntity::handleStaticCollision(CVector2D & collisionNormal)
{
	float impulse;
	CVector2D VRelativeVelocity;

collisionNormal.normalize();

VRelativeVelocity = this->m_VLinearVelocity;
	VRelativeVelocity *= -(1 + this->m_coeffOfRestitution);

float inverseMassSum;
        inverseMassSum =  (1 / this->m_mass) + (1 / 10000000 // - MASS- because its a non moveable object);

float tester = collisionNormal.dotProduct(collisionNormal * inverseMassSum);

impulse = (VRelativeVelocity.dotProduct(collisionNormal)) / collisionNormal.dotProduct(collisionNormal * inverseMassSum);

this->m_VLinearVelocity = this->m_VLinearVelocity + collisionNormal * (impulse / this->m_mass);

}

any ways.. if anyone can shine some light please do...... h

Advertisement
This formula computes the new direction, given the original direction (D) and the normal to the surface (N). Both must be normalized.

Dreflected = D - 2 * dot( N, D ) * N

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!