• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

communication between 2 running programs

This topic is 4586 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Suppose I have program A execute and run, then another program B started. B is like a monitor that watches A. I suppose my question is similar to how a debugger work, that is a debugger is program B that interact with program A. Some info on this would be great, or some keyword that I can start a search to find out more. Thanks.

Advertisement
Named pipes are the easiest way to do it I think, the OS manages all the low level details like network etc..

It's very easy to use though, it's just a file you can read and write to, the server creates it and the client connects. Look for examples there are a zillion of them. Windows pipes are different than Unix, Unix pipes are easier but Windows pipes have more features.

I think that "hooks" do what you are asking... if I understand correctly, you can intsall a hook on a process and check out or change its events, etc., before passing it along.

I may not be remembering that correctly.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement