• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

vs_3_0 - txtldl

This topic is 4590 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, there seems to be a real lack of information on the net and in the DXSDK for using the texture lookup within the vertex shader (presumably because its quite a new thing). Anyways, after a frustrating few hours of experiementing I started getting a very random crash in some DX assembler and decided to see if anyone else has sucessfully implemented such a system. I think most of my confusion lies with the sampler register, and how do I get this setup? I've played around with SetSamplerStage and SetTexture with D3DVERTEXTEXTURESAMPLER0... My vertex shader works fine, unless I uncomment the line... texldl r0, v2, s0 My declarations are as follows... dcl_position v0 dcl_color v1 dcl_texcoords v2 dcl_2d s0 Any insight, or linkies appriciated :) Cheers.

Advertisement
What kind of texture are you trying to read?

For the Geforce 6 and 7 series cards, I think it's limited to 32bit float format (R32F, etc.) textures in VS 3.0, plus I don't think you can have any filtering on (MINFILTER,MAGFILTER), maybe only linear.

You can check format support using CheckDeviceFormat() with D3DUSAGE_QUERY_VERTEXTEXTURE, and you can check filter support in the VertexTextureFilterCaps member of the device caps.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement