• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
barakat

how to refresh the old info

This topic is 4831 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi ... i am a CS student , currently i am studying java & perl ... but after i have reached a good level in C/C++ , i don't want to lose this knowledge , what shall i do ... to refresh my past info ... ?? Do u follow any certain way .. especially when u know more than one programming language (diff syntax , diff ways ..)???

Advertisement
Books mostly. I mean most of the important stuff comes right back after a few hours. The nitty gritty, like function names that differ slightly from language to language [imo] are harder to remember, but easily found with a handy dead-tree or a reliable online reference.

If you know enough of it and don't leave the language complete for too long, it should all come back quickly. I left programming completely for a year and was worried about forgetting stuff, but it all came back after the first day.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!