• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Woltan

Export2File

This topic is 4683 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey ho, i am new to modeling so, naturally i have a couple of questions. My goal is to create models, and then export them to use them in an openGL engine. I was foolin around with blender for a little while and tryed out some of the export files. unfortunatly they are somewhat complex, and some of them not useful to use em in an opengl engine. so i was wondering wheather some of you have some experiance in exporting files and useing them in an opengl engine. maybe blender isn't the best tool for that. so i am open for everything, i hope you can help me with that thanks in advance regards woltan

Advertisement
Ah, yes, the standard file format for 3D . There are hundrets :D

First question is what 3D file format your game engine reads . Second question is which of those 3D file formats satisfies your needs . Some file formats doesn´t support bones for example ...

This solved, take a look for a file exporter . I am sure there is an Blender exporter script for this format around ...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!