• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
silverphyre673

Using multiple windows in SDL

This topic is 4830 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all. I'm learning SDL, and making a sort of 2D mapmaker in it. I need to make a toolbar for it, to allow you to select the tiles and objects you want to place visually. I want the toolbar to be a separate window from the one displaying the map. I tried just creating two SDL_Surfaces using SDL_SetVideoMode, and then rendering to one or the other during my rendering procedure. What happens is that both SDL_Surfaces are created, but only the second one created is rendered to. I can see the first one flicker on for a split-second, and then everything gets rendered to the second one (the toolbox), instead of the first. Could someone give an example of how they would accomplish this? Thanks a bunch. I'll post more source if needed. Thanks again.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!