Full Game Tutorials

Started by
2 comments, last by SiCrane 18 years, 8 months ago
Hey guys, i just wanted to know if anyone has found or knows of any sites that have tutorials on how to make full games. Like a huge tutorial. I have googled and i found sites, but nothing that basically starts from the beginning and ends with a complete game. Thank you and i really appreciate it.
Advertisement
i really don't think there's anyone out there who's going to tell you step by step how to make a game because if they did they may as well make the game themselves. You're not going to learn much that way either as most programming is a series of trials and errors. If someone takes you step by step through the entire process of making a game, not only would it be a book the size of Alaska but you would probably come away from it with little or no knowledge. If you want to make a complete game start by learning a programming language.
I think morpheus is right, getting tell step by step is not the best way to learn since you will just end up writing what you see. To actually learn you need to make error, guess and search.

However there are a few book that tell you how to code a game that are listed on this website under the books section at the top of the page. They might help you to get started and all. ( I haven't read em so i can't comment em but there's a few comment at the end of the books description that will help you make your idea on the book.
You may want to check out the Code on the Cob article series in the Game Programming articles here on gamedev.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement