Irc rating and moderation system.

Started by
10 comments, last by Nice Coder 18 years, 8 months ago
Quote:Original post by Spoonbender
Quote:Original post by Name_Unknown
ehmm.. not like an op has ever abused their privledges right? If you don't believe... I have plenty of logs to show what happens when ops go bad...

And your solution is to allow everyone to abuse their privileges? [wink]

No my solution is not to install (mIRC/X-Chat/Bitch-X) ;-) As I will wind up on it all the time.
"It's such a useful tool for living in the city!"
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Spoonbender
Quote:Original post by Name_Unknown
ehmm.. not like an op has ever abused their privledges right? If you don't believe... I have plenty of logs to show what happens when ops go bad...

And your solution is to allow everyone to abuse their privileges? [wink]

There are no priveledges to explit.

After a bit of thinking, and some chatting with some friends (and aquantices), i've come up with a slightly 'better solution'.

Practically, its to help mods keep a channell clean, without allowing people to explot power.

To start: Mod Points are made by 'ops'

The op is the person (or people) with the heighest rating. (usually +20).

Ops have unlimited mod points, but they are still bound by the usual rules.

Mod points allow you to rate people. it goes from +20 to -10

If you get to/past -7 you get kicked, but can come back. (every time you get rate--'d)

If you get to -10, you get banned. You are kicked and cannot come back until yor rating goes back up.

You must log on to authserv/The equivelent bot. If you are not logged in, then you can be kicked by one rate--, and banned by two rate--'s.

When you rate somebody, you use one mod point, and there rating goes up or down one point.
Your mod point goes to somebody further up then you. If you are the heighest, then it is removed. if there is only one mod point in circulation, then it is given to a random person.

Each person can only effect another persons rating by 5 points. (ie. if they are at 0, you can only push them to +-5, preventing you from singlehandedly banning anyone).

Ratings move back to 0 one point per day that you are inactive, and one per week when you are active.

The resons for this, is to make power very, very slippery. To the point where almost nobody has any control over anybody else.

From,
Nice coder
Click here to patch the mozilla IDN exploit, or click Here then type in Network.enableidn and set its value to false. Restart the browser for the patches to work.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement