• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
nanaki_1984

obb shadow mapping

This topic is 4859 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi to all, this is my first message on gamedev.net forums... I just want to ask some help on shadow mapping, some days ago i managed to implement the TSM algorithm, but i found it not really usefull in some cases (depends on frustum), so i tried to do the same algorithm with an obb2d shape and not a trapezoidal shape, here is the problem, the trasformation matrix used to splat the obb on the whole sm (one translation, one rotation and one scaling op) doesn't work quite well...the obb is splatted on the sm but the shadows are not right when the obb is not aligned to the x,y axes...here a screenshot: Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Any ideas?maybe the obb2d is not a good idea...i'm not really expert at shadow mapping... Last thing, sorry for my poor english...i'm italian

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!