Code::Blocks problem (VC toolkit)

Started by
6 comments, last by Promit 18 years, 8 months ago
I'm attempting to build a project that I imported from VC7 in Code::Blocks. I'm using the VC 2k3 toolkit, have the platform SDK installed, and all that jazz. It compiles fine, and when it goes to link it errors saying it can't find "msvcrt.lib". I don't think this lib is even supposed to be linked -- isn't it a VC6 library? I'm pretty sure I want lib*.lib as my runtime (multithreaded dll, can't remember the name of the file). I'm not sure why this library is even coming up. It's not listed in my own project options as a link target, so I'm not sure if it's an error with importing or what. Anyway, how can I fix this? [EDIT] Just thought I'd mention, there is no reference to "msvcrt.lib" or anything close in the project file.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Advertisement
i don t know how you setup the toolkit

i use the vc++6.0 ide with the 2003 toolkit

what i did was i added the include binary and library paths under
extras->options->folders

i added them before the default folders of the vc++6.0 compiler which worked fine for me
http://www.8ung.at/basiror/theironcross.html
Which is why I suspect the problem may be something Code::Blocks is doing -- but I'm not sure. I don't think the Toolkit would attempt to use a lib that it does not itself include, but if the problem is in Code::Blocks, I don't know what to change.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
If you want the multithreaded DLL runtime than msvcrt.lib is what you need. Code::Blocks doesn't have any specific options for which run-time library you want to use so you have to specify it manually. You can see all the options here.
And this lib doesn't come with the Toolkit?
I don't have it installed so I don't know, do a search and find out. I do remember reading about how the VC++ 2003 toolkit didn't include some libraries such as msvcrt.lib though I can't remember where.
Ok, I'm having some real problems and I'm pretty pissed off.

Apparently the toolkit doesn't include msvcrt.lib, but you can get it from the .NET SDK. However, neither one has msvcprt.lib, for C++. MSDN says you can ask it to use the static version libcpmt.lib (which I DO have) by passing /D_STATIC_CPPLIB to the compiler. That'd all be great, except the toolkit compiler appears to be ignoring me. I am specifiying /D_STATIC_CPPLIB, but it still asks for msvcprt.lib instead of libcpmt.lib.

Ideally I would get msvcprt.lib...I have a suspicion that a library dependency is bringing it in. Why the heck didn't they put all of the libs with the toolkit?

[Edited by - Promit on August 7, 2005 3:37:12 PM]
*sigh* I found instructions on regenerating the lib. So I guess all is well.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement