• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
slack

[.net] Custom control colors

This topic is 4667 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to implement a custom color scheme for a .NET application. From what I've gathered, it's not possible to specify all the colors that are used to draw WinForms controls without having to completely draw them yourself. The ControlPaint methods can make this easier, but it would still be a lot of effort to write paint methods for every control I use. Specifically, I need to change the color of ListView group headings, disabled button text, tabs, and other controls. So, does anyone know of a library for custom WinForms rendering or a way to specify control colors other than back and fore color? Thanks!

Advertisement
there used to be a project called dot net magic that was free... but it went commercial I think.

The free version may still be out there if you look hard enough.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!