• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Bvandeweyer

Shader Array

This topic is 4884 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello I'm trying to make a shader that makes use of multiple lights. (note: I'm fairly new to writing hlsl code) My code uses an array with all the light's data in it (position and color). Now this piece of code looks like this:
Lights lightArray[4] = 
{ float4 (60,50,-50,0), float4 (0.6,0.5,0.2,0), 
  float4 (-20,20,0,0), float4 (0.4,0.2,8,0), 
  float4 (0,0,0,0), float4 (0,0,0,0), 
  float4 (0,0,0,0), float4 (0,0,0,0), 
}; 
Of course I'd like the engine to pass that position and color data into this array, but how do I do this ? Is it possible to declare named parameters (for example float4 light1pos;) in front of the array code and use them in the array ? Because whenever I try to add some code to the floats in the array, it won't compile anymore. Anyone got any idea ? Thanks a lot!

Advertisement
have a look at developer.nvidia.com there you should find some information and manuals about it

under tools&SDKs is the CG toolkit, thats what i used to work with shaders

there are tons of examples on how to use it and a manual in pdf format

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!