Timeblasters, feedback required

Started by
12 comments, last by Gaenor 18 years, 8 months ago
The latest patch (7.3) has an easy and normal difficulty level, as no one has managed to complete either levels :o Having tested the game so much it's hard to remember how a newcomer would play. Hence the need for feedback (and not one liners telling me what my own game is).

I've also added enemy health bars that appear when they're hit, and they should die quicker on easy. The movement is also a lot smoother, I've improved the autocurving so it doesn't stick as much.
Advertisement
Looking very good :D

My first impression:
I like the menus, it brings a nice welcome aura :)
The level x screen should be a litle faster (if possible). You begin to wonder if you need to hit any key.
The game is a little difficult. I think it's the fact that you need some hits to kill the enemies. In the original bomberman, you could free a path and stick a bomb in the way. That way, the enemies would be trapped and (as soon as the bomb exploded) dead. But in your version, you do the same and the enemies are still alive and things tend to get a little out of hand.
Also, some sound would be nice when you get hit, because you don't notice how your health bar is decreasing unless you look at it.

Anyway, it's very fun and addictive, almost better then the original :D

Oh, it was running at 100fps on my laptop: p4 2.6GHz, 512MB RAM (128 shared) using a Radeon 345M IGP (that's like a Radeon 7500, sorta, and it's fillrate limited).

That's my opinion, hope it serves.
Thanks it seems people have issues with enemies not dying in one hit. Did you update it with the 7.3 patch or just the original download (version 7.2)? There should be difficulty levels in the latest update. If so, which mode did you find difficult?

I'm wondering if the one hit kill thing isn't something people expect because they've played the original bombermans. I will make some levels with one hit kill enemies but I think giving them some health will make for some more interesting enemy types later on. The game isn't based on the official bombermans but on a clone written in qbasic which I loved when I was a kid. It was extremely difficult and a friend and I would spend hours developing tactics to finish it co-operatively.

The finished product will have a more reasonable difficulty curve to satisfy everyone though!
I had tried v7.2.

Now I've tried v7.3 and it's much better. I don't think the one hit kill is an issue now. The health bar on the enemies helps a lot.

Actually I've beaten both levels in easy skill, and the first level on normal without retrying.

It's pretty cool. I don't find any problem with it now (well, maybe some more levels >.>, and... maybe have 2 or 3 lives instead of only one). Keep up the good work!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement