• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

DirectX9

This topic is 4677 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Until now I worked with DirectX8. Should I switch over to directx9 ??? I understood that visual studio 6.0 doesn't support directx9 ??? What should I install in order to work with directx9 ?? Thanks

Advertisement
Switching to DirectX 9 is generally a good idea -- especially if you plan on using shaders. Also, IIRC a DirectX upgrade will make your program more compatible with newer hardware devices.

Yes, Visual Studio 6.0 is no longer supported as of the December update. If you grab a version of the DirectX 9 prior to then though, you will be fine.

Consider upgrading your visual studio version. VS2005 Beta 2 is still available for free last time I checked.

Here. Click Visual C++ and then Download. You will need to set it up with the Platform SDK as well. A tutorial on that can be found here. The whole process will not take long.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!