Check Out My First Game

Started by
11 comments, last by CTar 18 years, 8 months ago
Hi. I downloaded and tried playing your game, but I am having the same issue with the paddles. It happens more often in windowed mode, if that helps you debug it. It does seem to be what ScottNCSU mentioned, the ball is in front of the paddle, and then jumps behind it. Here are my specs here at work (don't tell my boss):

Windows XP Pro SP2
Intel P4 1.6 GHZ
RAM 1.00 GB
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400
Advertisement
The AI was pretty good. Liked the looks of the paddles. I suggest looking into UI (user interface) or just placing the buttons and checking to see if the user clicked in it's region.
I had a little trouble with framerates (I'm on a low-end stsyem though), and both me and the AI player had the ball pass through our paddles. It's mostly when they come from an angle other than 90.
____________________________________Spazuh- Because I've had too much coffee
Very good game. Good graphics and AI. If you want some suggestions on improvements I would improve the AI to do some simple learning, but it might be a little to complicated. Also I suggest you to try writting a GUI.

BTW I didn't notice any problems. System: AMD Athlon64 3200++, GeForce 6600GT 128MB, 2x512MB DDR Ram and 120+40 GB Hard Disc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement