"4X Designer's Summit"

Started by
1 comment, last by leiavoia 18 years, 8 months ago
[ Hopefully some of you will recognize my name here. This isn't a noobie post ;-) ] After working on several large scale projects over the past few years, i've decided to take a large majority of the engine code i've developed and put it towards what i would really like to do: a 4X Space TBS (like Master of Orion, at al). There is a small community of people leftover from the fallout of the mega-flop Master of Orion 3 that are very much into the nuts and bolts of this type of game. Several are even designing their own games. With myself and the input of these people, i'm brainstorming ideas for my own project, but also helping other people take a look at their own ideas. I've started a project design section on my own forum. The discussion is centered on my project, but talks about 4X games in a very broad and general way to make it accessable for everyone interested. I'm rolling out new topics every few days or weeks to pace the discussion. If there are any 4X lovers out there that would be interested in hashing some ideas for a game of this nature, please swing on by. I would always love to have more eyes and ideas on the project. For those concerned that this is a "n00b idea" that's destined to fail, please see screenshots of previous projects of mine (1, and 2) to know that i am very capable of putting out actual work and getting actual results. For schedules, i have over a year's worth of basecode from my last engine-building project that i intend to leverage. As such the project already has a head start. I will be designing a GUI toolkit for the game late this summer and early this fall, and after that i will start the actual game code. in the meantime, i will be discussing design ideas and putting the actual design together behind the scenes. Personal RealLife projects and obligation prohibit me from starting on the code immediately, but i look forward to getting started this fall. I will be posting updates on the project here on GameDev.net for anyone interested as things move on much later this year. Thanks for looking! -leiavoia Main Forum Forum for this project
Advertisement
leiavoia, this should go in Your Announcements, so I'll move it from Game Design.
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
I thought of that, but since there isn't anything much to announce and since this basically constitutes an extended design discussion, i put it under Design. But put it where you see fit.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement