Sign in to follow this  
xegoth

I-Pod Silhouette effect?

I'm thinking about creating an I-Pod effect (colored background with silhoutted model in front). Given a dancing 3d model, can anyone think of any good ways to impliment this? I know there's more than one way to get the effect, but I'm looking for something that would look really good and (hopefully) not be ridiculously difficult to impliment. Ideas?

Well if the model was textured/colored black with no lighting effects at all (pure flat shading) it would probably give you what you want. Anti-aliasing would smooth out the edges while keeping the overall silhouette effect.

Is there a way for me to get the same effect without changing a models texture (so I'd be able to easily flip the effect on and off)

You could saturate the texture black in a shader. The models texture would stay the same but you would alter it on the fly.

ace

Just use a tfactor of all black, set that as your second color argument and use SELECTARG2. Everything will be black. Requires some state changes, so maybe the lighting thing is better.

--Vic--