Cellphones and programming tutorials

Started by
20 comments, last by The Alchemist 18 years, 8 months ago
hey everyone, do u know where would be a good place to start on how to make cellphone programs? If I already know how to make PC Applications(via C++/Win32..etc) is there a way with .NET that I can make it also run on a cellphone or do you need to code a whole new program? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
and if possible if you could list what programming language you think is best for programming for cellphones if you could list it I would appreciate it.
I think Java is the lingua franca of cellphone apps [google]
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0You don't stop playing because you get old; you get old when you stop playing.
What he said. The two major cell phone environments right now are BREW (C/C++) and J2ME (Java). But independant development with BREW is near impossible. So, until you get that job with a cell phone game company, J2ME is the best way to go.
ok then, thanks for your help. One last question, I hope this doesn't sound to stupid but if there is any keywords you could suggust for google except j2mE cellphone programming tutorials then if you could please post some ideas.
Thanks again for your help.
Check the documentation on java.sun.com; they have an excellent J2ME section.
Quote:Original post by pinacolada
What he said. The two major cell phone environments right now are BREW (C/C++) and J2ME (Java). But independant development with BREW is near impossible. So, until you get that job with a cell phone game company, J2ME is the best way to go.

Hmm, Symbian C++ probably bigger platform then BREW. Or will be bigger soon.

IIRC there is an article here on gamedev about J2ME development.
Plenty of information here.

shmoove
And you could do worse than start with the Gamedev articles.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement