Swear filter

Started by
16 comments, last by Nice Coder 18 years, 8 months ago
Remember that you'll not only have to check ON:TEXT: but ON:ACTION as well for those persnickity /me commands.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Montbrun
Remember that you'll not only have to check ON:TEXT: but ON:ACTION as well for those persnickity /me commands.

They are all treated the same as the bot, and are searched the same way.

From,
Nice coder
Click here to patch the mozilla IDN exploit, or click Here then type in Network.enableidn and set its value to false. Restart the browser for the patches to work.
Quote:Original post by Oxyacetylene
I think F[^K]*K might be what you're looking for.

Actually, I think he wants "F\*+K" which is F followed by one or more occurances of '*' followed by K.
Quote:Original post by skittleo
IMO, you should really only filter the pure words themselves. You cannot make assumptions on what the user may be saying. For example, did you know that there is a famous clothing company called fcuk? Yes, well if you filtered that out you may have a mob of angry girls at your door.

For some reason I don't think that any of the girls who shop at that store (located in places like Newbury St., Boston) would ever be in a chatroom of Nice Coder's. He doesn't have to worry about pissing them off because they aren't his target audience.
How about them "swear filters" that that filter the word "tit"?

Chatter: I Love the Titans
becomes
Chatter: I Love the %^&#ans<br><br>(I've actually had this happen in a chat room. Word for word. I actually had to private message the chatter to ask what he said.)<br><br>Be careful. Please.
----Erzengel des Lichtes光の大天使Archangel of LightEverything has a use. You must know that use, and when to properly use the effects.♀≈♂?
Also,

Quote:From bash.org:
<Abstruse> !kjv numbers 22:21<Word_of_God>  Numbers 22:21 -- And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ass, and went with the princes of Moab. -  (KJV)*** Word_of_God was kicked from #christian by SageRider (Please dont Swear)

What you could do, however, is instead of acting immediately to censor the speaker, logging the detected infraction to a file to be reviewed my moderators (and preferably sorted by name/address of the speaker). Thus resulting in human review of the facts, possibly followed by a ban if the matter is severe.
Quote:Original post by Dean Harding
Quote:Original post by Oxyacetylene
I think F[^K]*K might be what you're looking for.

Actually, I think he wants "F\*+K" which is F followed by one or more occurances of '*' followed by K.

That would be fine, but wouldn't handle "FCK" or "FVCK" ...

f.{1,2}[k\*]

should work..
f followed by any 1 or 2 letters, followed by k or *. works against
fck, f***, f**, f**k, fvk, etc, etc etc.

I find profanity filters to be kinda useless.. anyone can look at your sentance and figure out what you actually said.
What i was thinking comes in two parts.

First bit does a find & replace.

Things like 0 - o, ect.

Second uses a bayens net to figure out a score.

For eg.

You suck teh c00ck!

replace teh - the

replace 0-o
replace double letters 00-o

Now, check.

You = +0.5
Suck = +10
cock = +10

I then find the heighest scoring words, (suck/ect.), and if they are > the threshold (2 in this eg.), then they get kicked.

From,
Nice coder

[Edited by - Nice Coder on August 3, 2005 4:54:08 AM]
Click here to patch the mozilla IDN exploit, or click Here then type in Network.enableidn and set its value to false. Restart the browser for the patches to work.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement