Sign in to follow this  

Ogg and OpenAL[SOLVED]

This topic is 4517 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So im trying to run the SimpleOgg article example program. At first It tells me the theres a problem with the functions alutInit() and alutExit() SO i link in the libs and now I get linker errors on pretty much every ov_ call that is used. The compiler can obviously not find the functions in question. I cant seem to figure out what is wrong or what i am forgetting to do. Perhaps my libs are out of date or the ones used in the article were. I link in the libs: OpenAL32.lib alut.lib ogg.lib vorbis.lib vorbisenc.lib and i have tried the static libs as well to no avail. i have also added the includes for ogg.h, vorbisenc.h, and codec.h. three of seven linkers below..the others are the same for different function calls: SimpleOGG error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__alutExit referenced in function _main SimpleOGG error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ov_clear referenced in function "void __cdecl LoadOGG(char *,class std::vector<char,class std::allocator<char> > &,int &,unsigned int &)" (?LoadOGG@@YAXPADAAV?$vector@DV?$allocator@D@std@@@std@@AAHAAI@Z) SimpleOGG error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ov_read referenced in function "void __cdecl LoadOGG(char *,class std::vector<char,class std::allocator<char> > &,int &,unsigned int &)" (?LoadOGG@@YAXPADAAV?$vector@DV?$allocator@D@std@@@std@@AAHAAI@Z) [Edited by - Tang of the Mountain on August 2, 2005 12:56:39 PM]

//include OpenAL-specific headers
#include "alc.h"
#include "alut.h"

Glanced at an OpenAL example I used a while back and saw that, maybe you need it also.

thanks for the help. But i already include the headers.

#include <AL/al.h>
#include <AL/alut.h>
#include <AL/alc.h>
#include <AL/alctypes.h>
#include <AL/altypes.h>
#include <ogg/ogg.h>
#include <vorbis/vorbisenc.h>
#include <vorbis/codec.h>
#include <vorbis/vorbisfile.h>

these are my al and ogg speceific includes

schweet...that worked for the ov_XXX funcs....but im still getting linker errors on alutExit() and alutInit()

I just downloaded the beta SDK for the includes and libs...could this be causeing the problem...maybe there is a version that i am unaware of that i should have instead of the windows beta sdk?

Ok...I solved this...the problem seemed to be my SDK. I went to openal.org and downloaded the beta sdk. Overwrote my current .h files and .libs and rebuilt....SUCCESS! the beta version is beta for a reason i guess.

Then, I was crashing on ov_open...so i switched out the .libs for XXX_static.lib on all ogg vorbis libraries nd vwalla(sp?) i get a bomb sound...thanks to all for your help.

This topic is 4517 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.