just give alittle feedback on my progress so far!

Started by
5 comments, last by Spudder 18 years, 8 months ago
My tutorials I have done this in the past hour. I hope it's good. Because i plan on making an online book about game development for teens, and people who isn't very old(like me) Thanks for checking it out, and report any bugs or dummy links to me PS: I know, part 1 isn't quite finished yet, but i want to know if i'm doing good so far EDIT: AHA! First dummylink Its fixed now...
Hope I was helpful. And thank you if you were!
Advertisement
Quote:
We are sorry, this page was not found. FreeWebs offers free web sites and web hosting to millions of web users.
Get your own FREE web site now!

your clicky is teh broke,

edit: here's one that works

edit2: um, you need to brush up on thy html I think < && > (&lt && &gt) works fine for angle brackets. [grin]

and Dev-C++ is not both a compiler and IDE it's an IDE using GCC.
HardDrop - hard link shell extension."Tread softly because you tread on my dreams" - Yeats
But the people who reads this usually don't know that
Quote:Original post by Samsonite
But the people who reads this usually don't know that

Basicly that's exactly why you should tell them, if you're writing for other to learn and creating a resource then I consider being accurate quite important, it's one thing to skip details like that in a forum where you can be quite sure someone else will either point it out if neccesarry, the original poster will ask for clarifcications if in dubt or such, on a forum you got the ability to talk back fill in the gaps in case need arise when creating something a bit more static you don't have that luxury and being correct from the start (or at least swiftly adding corrections when people points out your silly misstakes) should be a top priority.

Incorrect tutorials are just as bad as incorrect code-comments, that is they lower the overall value since they add noise.

That's just my oppinion though, and I admire the initative and will to give something back to the community.
HardDrop - hard link shell extension."Tread softly because you tread on my dreams" - Yeats
Ok, thanks for the post. I have changed to text to fit the truth.
I would make the layout more clearly define the individual steps, right now you've got images with text in between them, its a little messy.

Andrew.
You mention that Dev-C++ is a compiler and an IDE, then go on to say that it's not really. While both you and I and probably most of the (programmer) members here on GameDev know a beginner won't. Perhaps add a little bit in there to explain that Dev-C++ is the IDE and MinGW/GCC is the compiler since you have already made the distinction between the two already.

Not really related but in the first paragraph on the the first page you have this: "order to complete the series of pages that i will complete in the near future", I'd be inclined to change this so you get rid of the duplication of "complete". For me at least I would find that easier to read than how it stands.

In part one you have a typo - "content of the header <iostream>, wich is the standard header file". In part 2 you mention that all C/C++ programs must have a header file for the compiler to compile the program. This isn't true as you only need header files for using the existing libraries out there. If you had a main function which didn't actually do anything, or only very basic arithmetic operations for example you wouldn't need to include any header files.

A promising start though, keep the good work going.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement