swapped Normals

Started by
7 comments, last by AndrewPL 18 years, 8 months ago
Hi! After a month of hard work i finally made working x file animation code. I have only one problem. Some of normals on my mesh are swapped. Which functions are responsible for normals on mesh? Maby somebody had the same problem. Thx for answer if any.
Advertisement
Hi there AndrewPL,
How are you doing?

[Swapped Normals?]
1) Your mesh might have been exported incorrectly. You have an option that you can invert the normals in most of the X exporters.

[Conclusion]
I hope this helps. If you have any more queries, please don't hesitate to ask
unfortunetly it's exported correctly. In MeshViever it runs OK.
If anyone have other sugestions I would be gratefull.
Hi Andrew,

Could you please describe to us why you are thinking it is your normals that are inverted. You could have an issue that you think is related to the normals. To better equip us to answer your question, could you please assist us by pasting a few screenshots?
I know it's nobby but how to paste image to the post?
Hi Andrew,

[How to paste image into the post?]
Use imageShack. They offer a free image hosting service
Then you can paste the link to those images here.
This is what i get:

aaaa9ve.png
sorry testing... i hope it'll work

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

aaaa9ve.th.png

[img=http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4932/aaaa9ve.th.png]
I sloved the problem. Thx for reading. If anyone is interested i mised those two functions:

d3dpp.EnableAutoDepthStencil = TRUE;

and I had:

g_pd3dDevice->Clear( 0, NULL, D3DCLEAR_TARGET, D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0,0,255), 1.0f, 0 );

insed of:

g_pd3dDevice->Clear( 0, NULL, D3DCLEAR_TARGET|D3DCLEAR_ZBUFFER, D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0,0,255), 1.0f, 0 );

I hope i'll finish work soon and show my progress in a complite source code of x-file animation

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement