Sign in to follow this  
Xest

Looking for good modelling/texturing books

Xest    140
I've seen a few books about modelling and animating humanoid creatures in max and maya but before I buy them I'm wondering if there's any that cater for other types of creature such as 4 legged animals, birds. I've not yet got into character modelling and animation so I'm not sure if using the knowledge gained from following one of the humanoid style modelling books would be enough to get me started on modelling animals, like say, a wolf or a crow for example, and then how hard would it be to move onto a creature such as a dragon that would need to be both 4 legged and able to fly. Obviously I'm not expecting to jump straight into creating a complex dragon model straight off but I'm trying to gather a picture of what route to follow to learn this kind of modelling and whether I should start with a humanoid character modelling book or not. Finally, I'm also looking into books or resources on creating skins for my models as well as general textures for them, of all the books I've found they either seem advanced or novice - is there any book on texturing that will take me from not knowing an awful lot about say, photoshop to being able to skin and texture well or am I going to need a bunch of books? Any help or recommendations appreciated - thanks in advance!

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Honestly, online tutorials and self-experimentation can get you as far as any book.