Sign in to follow this  
GosuDrew

Graphics Card Question

GosuDrew    122
I was thinking of upgrading my Dell Inspiron 3700 to a Compaq Presario R4000, which has a 128MB ATI RADEON(R) XPRESS 200M w/Hypermemory. However, I can't find anywhere in writing whether or not this video card has support for OpenGL 1.4. Does anyone know whether or not this card supports version 1.4? I want to make sure that I get a computer that can run all the programs in the red book.

Illumini    205
Windows doesnt support OpenGL 1.4 last I checked but anyway...

http://www.ati.com/products/radeonxpress200m/specs.html

Fully DX9 compatible, which means VS/PS 2.0. Haven't looked at the red book in ages, but IIRC theres nothing there you couldnt do on a card from two years ago. So the X200M should be fine.

GosuDrew    122
Thanks.

Yeah, I discovered from previous posts that you need to use extentions for support after 1.1 on windows. However, I'm just wondering, is there any way to find out what OpenGL extentions a video card supports before you purchase the system?

ben_02    139
I know ATI have a list of extensions they support (on their web site), and likely a list of what cards support them. The extensions supported also depend on the drivers, mind you. I expect NVIDIA have a similar list in case you look into one of those.