Graphics Card Question

Started by
3 comments, last by Sr_Guapo 18 years, 8 months ago
I was thinking of upgrading my Dell Inspiron 3700 to a Compaq Presario R4000, which has a 128MB ATI RADEON(R) XPRESS 200M w/Hypermemory. However, I can't find anywhere in writing whether or not this video card has support for OpenGL 1.4. Does anyone know whether or not this card supports version 1.4? I want to make sure that I get a computer that can run all the programs in the red book.
Advertisement
Windows doesnt support OpenGL 1.4 last I checked but anyway...

http://www.ati.com/products/radeonxpress200m/specs.html

Fully DX9 compatible, which means VS/PS 2.0. Haven't looked at the red book in ages, but IIRC theres nothing there you couldnt do on a card from two years ago. So the X200M should be fine.
Thanks.

Yeah, I discovered from previous posts that you need to use extentions for support after 1.1 on windows. However, I'm just wondering, is there any way to find out what OpenGL extentions a video card supports before you purchase the system?
I know ATI have a list of extensions they support (on their web site), and likely a list of what cards support them. The extensions supported also depend on the drivers, mind you. I expect NVIDIA have a similar list in case you look into one of those.
IIRC, the xpress 200M is the integrated version of the x300SE Hypermemory. If so, it should support up to OpenGL 1.5.
Sean Henley [C++ Tutor]Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement