Sign in to follow this  

Card Library

This topic is 4514 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This may be a silly question, so please forgive me. ^_^ I was just playing Solitare a moment ago (the one that comes free with Windows), and I happened to notice that all other small card games I had seen for Windows seemed to have cards that are exactly the same (not counting the customized backgrounds). This has made me very curious... I have thought before of making a simple card game in Windows to hone my skills, but the prospect of making card images seems daunting. Is there some sort of magic library for card games, or am I merely imagining that they all look the same? Thanks for your time!

I just read it and I think I understood it... I have one additional question, however. The guide says that you must choose a pre-defined back for the card. Is there any way to get your own picture on the back of the cards?

I used the cards.dll to write my own Solitaire game. I just made a bmp as a resource and bit blitted it in my game whenever I needed my own back.

I got some afterquestion here.
Read the posts and got idea to start a small card game using this library and SDL. I got it working somehow but is there a way to draw the cards on SDL surface rather than on HDC? I'm really newb and I'm not familiar with these hWnd and hdc windows (api?) terms so I try to avoid them as much as I can.
The blitting with cdtDraw and SDL_Flip is making somesort of desync so I would like to see SDL_Flip handle the cards aswell.

Dunno if there's enough information to get good answer but I hope I get something to look for.

This topic is 4514 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.