Hi, i need help with GigaStudio someone use it here?

Started by
5 comments, last by krikkit 18 years, 8 months ago
Well, i want to try gigastudio because i heard that the quality of the instrument are the best, but i install it and dosnt work with my sb audigy card, i think that maybe is there any way to fool my card and make it GSIF compatible, (that its the problem) well if is not, i will have to buy a new card, but i want your opinion about the program and maybe some help with that :S thanks Regards, Icarus
There are people who silence make them crazy, cause they can´t battle with the sound inside them
Advertisement
1. The quality of the samples you use is dependant on the samples you buy. Gigastudio only allows you to use those samples with your midi output.

2. I don't think you can fool a card into being GSIF compatible. You should do a google search to see if you can find the drivers you need. I had to do this with my Yamaha card when I first got Gigastudio.
Gigastudio supports many great samples libraries. The best cost a lot of money. See: Vienna Symphonic Library, Project SAM.

Gigastudio will not work with your audigy card. It requires a card that is "GSIF compatible", which I believe the audigy is not.
I highly recommend the M-Audio Audiophile 2496. A great card, GSIF comp., and I picked it up for 99 with shipping from an ebay dealer.

What dealer did you get your copy of GigaStudio from? Which version did you buy? I'm working with GS3 Orchestra...well, learning it, will be working with it once I can afford the VSL.
What version of GigaStudio are you using? Because in version 3, if your card isn't GSIF-compatible, GigaStudio operates in REWIRE mode, which is slower but has the same functionality. I don't have any problems using GS3 as a DXi plug-in for Sonar with my SoundBlaster Live.

GDNet+. It's only $5 a month. You know you want it.

Thats a good point, Tom, not having any other Rewire applications(Reason, is it?), I forgot about it.
Yes, i have Gs3 , i im ready to buy the m-audio it cost like us120 here but its a good price, i have reason, but i cant use it for rewire, so im getting cubase again to probe that and use the rewire for now, and well i "think im downloading the vienna shympony 2dvds of 3.92gb each, so i hope that the quality worth it. ANd what it the "VSL" ???
There are people who silence make them crazy, cause they can´t battle with the sound inside them
I'm sorry, you're pirating the vienna symphonic dvd's?
Are you pirating your software as well?
Rule of thumb: dont ask for technical help on pirated software.

[Edited by - krikkit on August 4, 2005 6:13:42 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement