Sign in to follow this  

www.gamebeep.com looking for some talent scouts.

This topic is 4514 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello! I run a wee-little resource site called "Game Beep" (www.gamebeep.com). The mission is to sell inexpensive resources to fellow game developers. The site is set up to compute royalty percentages for artists. I've been primarily focused on coding the website and doing promotion. I could use some help finding good content for the site. With that in mind, I'd love to round up some "department managers" who would be in charge of a specific section of Game Beep. They'd basically be recruiters who would find artists interested in selling their content on the site. The department managers would get a percentage of all the sales coming from artists that they discovered. (In all honesty, that's not much at the moment.) This idea dawned on me only a few days ago. I'd love to hear any feedback on the idea! Or, if anyone's interested in being a department head -- even just to try it out and see how it works -- that would be awesome! Cheers! - Bret

Sounds like a great idea, I would definetly buy art and textures if they were relatively inexpensive (<$100).

Although you should have some really good legal documentation worked out. The artists have to submit orginal works and take full responsibility if they steal. Likewise you gotta assure the buyer that any works they buy are absolutely original or you'll handle any legal problems that may arise. In all likelihood everyone will play fair. But it's always the low-life loser out make some noise or a quick buck that ruins it for everyone.

Good idea though.

You're totally right Alexein! I would imagine that the "department managers" wouldn't really buy the art. They'd just refer the artists to me. But I'd have to have some contract between me and the managers to assure them a cut in the profit. Luckily, I already have contracts made up for the artists! (Cost me nearly $800.00 to have all the contacts created! *ouch!*)

Cheers!
- Bret

Sign in to follow this