Alright - let me rephrase

Started by
1 comment, last by oliii 18 years, 8 months ago
[re-edited] Hey, I posted yesterday and nobody answered so I figured I must've said it in a bad way. So here goes a hopefully better question: Is there any projects out there for me to work on? Hopefully there is something for me to solve. I've had my share of creating games (for the moment), and now I would like to create something actually useful. Something along the lines of a program which deciphers encrypted text, or a challenge in solving a complex problem. A contest perhaps? I enjoy to process insane amounts of data and extract useful information from it. It's sortof what I'm best at. Anyone remember the SETI-screensaver which assisted SETI in processing the radio data they collected? Something like that would be interesting to work on. This is a math/physics forum, thus I will post a similiar question in the AI forum, since I'm interested in that too, and I can reach different people by posting in these two places. Hopefully this will be reasonable to the moderators, so please don't punish me. Thanks! [Edited by - NQ on August 4, 2005 3:02:08 AM]
----------------------~NQ - semi-pro graphical artist and hobbyist programmer
Advertisement
*bumping topic since I re-edited it completely*

(can't you delete your own threads?)
----------------------~NQ - semi-pro graphical artist and hobbyist programmer
I thought of something similar to SETI, but as a plugin. So you wouldn't be limited to a specific application, merely, the program just does the dirty work (networking, scheduling, rendering, encryption). The actual computation would actually be done via plugins. Other cool stuff, like a plugin browser, throttling, scheduled tasks, ect...

as for the application themselves, there are already plenty. SETI, cancer research, possibly DNA sequencing, anything distributed, that can be chopped up in small packets, processed, and then sent back and re-assembled. That could include anything really, like playing around with PI decimals, fractals, neural entworks, ...

Everything is better with Metal.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement