Sign in to follow this  
kooooo

fatal link error

Whenever I try and link this one sample program from a book, it gives me this error (lib path) : fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to 0x20083d4 I have over 100 gigs of space on my hard drive free, and I have tried linking this in different folders on my hard drive. I will run a disk check after I post this, but can anyone help me or at least tell me why I get this error? (MSDN wasn't too helpful)

If you are running the project from the CD you might get an error like that. Ditto if you copy a project from the CD and don't turn off the write only attribute for the files you coped from the CD.

k. could you please tell me how to turn off write only? I tried and the only attributes I could find under the file properties were 'read only' and 'hidden' both of which were unchecked

Well, the files aren't read only... is there any way that the lib could be messed up or corrupted???

Every time it points to the same memory address or watever 0x20083d4... and it has the same lib in the error every time too.

BTW thx for the suggestions SiCrane

You might have a file locking problem another application might be using some of the files that are attempting to be read.

I know I had this problem a few weeks ago but I can't remember what I did to fix it. I know that I tried making sure that no other applications were using the files but there was something else. If I remember I'll let ya know

What compiler version are you using? What library causes the error? Was the library built to be used with the version of your compiler?

im using VC++ 6.0 and as for the library im not sure... it is a custom-made library from a book so i just assumed it would work. I'll look into if this was intended for another compiler or not (maybe VC.NET)