Sign in to follow this  
Darkneon

[.net] STL in C#?

CTar    1134
C# has its own types, I cant remember the exact names since it have been a while since I programmed C#, but I remember it had much more of these kind of types than C++ have.

SiCrane    11839
In C# you have two choices. You can use untyped collections such as ArrayList or HashTable that hold Objects (from System.Collections), or if you have access to .NET 2.0 (such as via the MS visual studio 2005 betas) you can use the generics versions such as List<> or SortedDictionary><> in System.Collections.Generic.

Nypyren    12063
The Best Thing Ever(tm) is that the Visual Studio debugger can actually make sense of the contents of the System.Collections.Generic collection types. I haven't ever gotten C++ std::map to make any sense in a debugger.

Oluseyi    2103
Quote:
Original post by Nypyren
The Best Thing Ever(tm) is that the Visual Studio debugger can actually make sense of the contents of the System.Collections.Generic collection types. I haven't ever gotten C++ std::map to make any sense in a debugger.
STLFilt.

Arild Fines    968
Quote:
Original post by Oluseyi
Quote:
Original post by Nypyren
STLFilt.

That doesn't in any way solve his problem.

Daniel Miller    218
Quote:
Original post by Oluseyi
Quote:
Original post by Nypyren
STLFilt.

What he's saying is that the debugger will happily show you the contents of the collections (even if they aren't generic). In the Express version, it comes up as a tooltip(!).