when WGF 1.0 will arrive ?

Started by
19 comments, last by reltham 18 years, 8 months ago
Hi ! I heard that it will be released before longhorn, is it true ? And other question : is it useful of learning direct 3d 9.0c if WGF 1.0 arrive soon ? [Edited by - TheSeb on August 5, 2005 3:39:00 PM]
Advertisement
WGF 1.0 is just DirectX 9.L which is basically just Dx9c modified to work with the Longhorn driver model. I doubt it will be out before longhorn (vista now).

Also, WGF 2.0 is now being called D3D 10, so I think the WGF name is going away.
Quote:Original post by reltham
WGF 1.0 is just DirectX 9.L which is basically just Dx9c modified to work with the Longhorn driver model. I doubt it will be out before longhorn (vista now).

Also, WGF 2.0 is now being called D3D 10, so I think the WGF name is going away.

This is correct. "WGF" was used internally to refer to "the graphics stack on Longhorn". WGF 1.0 was D3D9 on Longhorn, WGF 2.0 was D3D10 on Longhorn. Both of which will be available when Windows Vista ships.

Paul

Quote:Original post by paulble
This is correct. "WGF" was used internally to refer to "the graphics stack on Longhorn". WGF 1.0 was D3D9 on Longhorn, WGF 2.0 was D3D10 on Longhorn. Both of which will be available when Windows Vista ships.

wo0t! That sounds a lot better than the "some period of time after Longhorn ships" [smile]
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
DirectX 10 will ship with Vista beta 2.
Go ahead and call me dumb, but is Vista a 64 bit OS? Will it run on 32 bit chips?
Quote:Original post by Moe
Will it run on 32 bit chips?

Yep, it will run on a 32-bit architecture. I have installed all of the betas so far on my 32-bit machine, and they work fine.
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
There will be both a 32 bit and a 64 bit version of Vista.

And to answer the OP's question:
Quote:
is it useful of learning direct 3d 9.0c if WGF 1.0 arrive soon ?

Yes, it is usefull to learn d3d 9, new versions of DirectX will be based on the older version and will have a similair structure and interface. Even then, the underlying techniques and theories are the same no matter what API you use, so it's never a waste of time to learn one.
ok thanks !
Quote:Original post by circlesoft
Quote:Original post by Moe
Will it run on 32 bit chips?

Yep, it will run on a 32-bit architecture. I have installed all of the betas so far on my 32-bit machine, and they work fine.

Excellent. That is a bit of a relief. I bought a new machine back in December, and I would hate for it to be severely outdated within a year.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement