transparent background for rendering text in win32 api

Started by
4 comments, last by Xiachunyi 18 years, 8 months ago
Hey all. There is some function in pure win32 API that will make the background transparent when you render text with the TextOut() function. I can't remember it off the top of my head, and MSDN is kind of hard to search through for a relatively trivial function like that. Can anybody remember what it is? Thanks a bunch.
my siteGenius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration
Advertisement
Is "SetBkMode((HDC)wparam, OPAQUE);" what you are looking for?
I think so... yeah. I can't test it though, as on full recompile my entire program is suddenly crashing! Arrgh. I have no idea what the problem is, but thanks - I'm pretty sure that's what I needed. Awesome.
my siteGenius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration
Is it crashing when you are recompiling the program or crashing when you execute your newly compiled program?

Try the following inserted after every Win32 API function call to help isolate the problem.
char buffer[256];FormatMessage(FORMAT_MESSAGE_FROM_SYSTEM,0,GetLastError(),MAKELANGID(LANG_NEUTRAL,SUBLANG_DEFAULT),buffer,256,0);MessageBox(hwnd,buffer,"Error",MB_OK|MB_ICONERROR);
Quote:Original post by Xiachunyi
Is "SetBkMode((HDC)wparam, OPAQUE);" what you are looking for?
Right function, but he wants TRANSPARENT, not OPAQUE.
"In order to understand recursion, you must first understand recursion."
My website dedicated to sorting algorithms
Quote:Original post by iMalc
Right function, but he wants TRANSPARENT, not OPAQUE.

Ah, my fault. I copied and pasted it out of my own application; I should have just deleted all but the function's name. [looksaround]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement