• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mictian

OpenGL framebuffer_object

This topic is 4853 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am having trouble running demos which use this extension. I have a 6800gt which I just installed, and the most recent drivers from the nvidia site. I have verified that these extensions are present in the opengl implementation I have (I used glew for this), however all the demos complain with the message FRAMEBUFFER_UNSUPPORTED_EXT. I have tried running javacooldude's demos and they all revert to pbuffer fallback. The demo from the nvidia site (simple_framebuffer_object) also complains about unsupported format. Anyone know what I have to do? Thanks, Rob

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
i got a similar problem (non-gt gf6800, latest drivers)

no matter where and when i call glBindFramebufferEXT, i'll get an
GL_FRAMEBUFFER_MISSING_ATTACHMENT_WHATEVER error (sorry,can't check atm)
even though I did initialize everything properly

kinda confusing, especially since FBO seemed so straightforward and simple
to handle (almost like creating a texture object :)

NVIDIA's FBO implementation seems to be buggy. On Linux with latest nvidia driveres I ran into problems when creating stencil buffer renderbuffer attachment. Even the examples from specification fail. But otherwise it seems to be working - didn't try on Windows however

Hi java. I am using only one display. Do you have any idea whatsoever of what could be causing this.

The reason i bought this card was to be able to use these recent opengl extensions, so I really want to get this to work.

Also, do you know whether vertex shader texture fetches are implemented in GLSL on the latest drivers? All I can find is stuff from 2004 where they use the ARB assembly language with the NV_shader_3 or something flag.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!