framebuffer_object

Started by
3 comments, last by mictian 18 years, 8 months ago
I am having trouble running demos which use this extension. I have a 6800gt which I just installed, and the most recent drivers from the nvidia site. I have verified that these extensions are present in the opengl implementation I have (I used glew for this), however all the demos complain with the message FRAMEBUFFER_UNSUPPORTED_EXT. I have tried running javacooldude's demos and they all revert to pbuffer fallback. The demo from the nvidia site (simple_framebuffer_object) also complains about unsupported format. Anyone know what I have to do? Thanks, Rob
¿We Create World?
Advertisement
i got a similar problem (non-gt gf6800, latest drivers)

no matter where and when i call glBindFramebufferEXT, i'll get an
GL_FRAMEBUFFER_MISSING_ATTACHMENT_WHATEVER error (sorry,can't check atm)
even though I did initialize everything properly

kinda confusing, especially since FBO seemed so straightforward and simple
to handle (almost like creating a texture object :)
NVIDIA's FBO implementation seems to be buggy. On Linux with latest nvidia driveres I ran into problems when creating stencil buffer renderbuffer attachment. Even the examples from specification fail. But otherwise it seems to be working - didn't try on Windows however
If you have a dual monitor setup, turn off the multi-display acceleration (simply set it to Single display).
Hi java. I am using only one display. Do you have any idea whatsoever of what could be causing this.

The reason i bought this card was to be able to use these recent opengl extensions, so I really want to get this to work.

Also, do you know whether vertex shader texture fetches are implemented in GLSL on the latest drivers? All I can find is stuff from 2004 where they use the ARB assembly language with the NV_shader_3 or something flag.
¿We Create World?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement