Stupid Design Document Sentences

Started by
7 comments, last by RolandofGilead 18 years, 8 months ago
Drop - a unit can only move under its own power when in orbit or purposely falling 		
toward the ground; when falling it can change its direction but cannot go upward.
This is from the Unit Guide of a TBS of mine describing the locomotion of(you'll never guess) Orbital Dropships. It has since been edited to remove "but cannot go upward" but I did put it there for a reason. At some point someone is going to select a Dropship on the way down and try to make it go up. There have been silly source code threads and the like, but I don't remember any from design documents or user documentation. So have at it.
Advertisement
or not.
or not.
"Once you begin a drop, a dropship cannot provide enough thrust to cancel the drop and return to orbit; only enough to change where it is going to land."
But does this mean you can slow the decent or even hover?

Can an upward thrust (not movement) be applied?

Does it have to stay that short? Does it have to be in non-game terms?

"The Gannett-Class space-to-surface dropship is a cutting-edge deployment method for infantry and cavalry units. These light, economical craft can maintain a stable orbit for sixteen to seventy-two hours using wastewater-fired fusion rocket pods. A single-stage pulse propulsion unit is used to break orbit and begin descent. Once the Gannett reaches terminal velocity, the maneuvering jets are inadequate to reattain escape velocity. The jets, combined with flight-control surfaces, can however be used for fairly drastic trajectory adjustments during the drop."

"Dropships take three turns to reach the ground. The first turn is breaking orbit, and you can change the destination during the other two turns. If you switch it during the second turn, you can modify it by three hexes, and if you change it on the third turn you can only switch by one hex. It takes two action points to drop, and three to change trajectory."

What exactly are you looking for?
I'm pretty sure this was intended to be a humourous thread, not that he wanted help. As for how the thread ended up in here (I first saw it in the Lounge), I'm mystified on that one.

- Jason Astle-Adams

That's strange. I like to think that I can spot even the worst joke, but I find abslutely nothing funny about the OP here. It isn't a set-up for anything, and it has no humorous merit on its own.

If it's a joke, then it sucks. Boo.
*shakes head* *for f***ssake why me?*
I'm so glad I haven't missed anything.
This was intended to be a thread where one would post things like "If a keyboard isn't plugged in, my computer says 'Error: No keyboard detected. Press any key to continue'." but from user documentation or design documents. That quote or something like it was posted on this site I believe. Also acceptable would have been things like the comments from source code which are humorous but for this thread would have had to come from a rough draft of user doc or design doc.

Nypyren, I really liked that wording.

Upon rereading it's not as funny or stupid as I remember but it was just there as catalyst.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement