Sign in to follow this  
guepe

[solved] Lesson 10 - OpenIL.dll ??

guepe    122
Hello guys !! I'm new to this forum, but i code for 3-4 years... more recently, i wrote a small app in c++, and found it wonderful.. so i'm trying to code opengl app... And after reading many tuts, code etc... i wrote some code but : after reading lesson10 in Nehe's website, i downloaded the code of VisualC++/OpenIL source code and just tried to run the .exe in the zip file... Error, it need OpenIL.dll I downloaded the end user openIL lib (and the dev too, but it's not needed for the exe founded in the nehe's zip) and found some dll in it... But no OpenIL.dll !!! In fact, if i rename a dll to openIL.dll, it doesn't work (they are needed too) but i can't find any OpenIL.dll file !! What can i do guys?? PS : if my english is not understandable, tell me so, i'll re-write my post :-(... thanks a lot!!! [edit] i tried to compil the project... i put the il source in include/il, the build works but when linking : lesson10.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__ilDeleteImages@8 lesson10.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__ilutGLBuildMipmaps@0 lesson10.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__ilutGLTexImage@4 lesson10.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__ilLoadImage@4 lesson10.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__ilBindImage@4 lesson10.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__ilGenImages@8 Debug/lesson10.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. lesson10.exe - 7 error(s), 0 warning(s) bouh :-( what am i doing wrong? Here is lib i have in my project settings/link opengl32.lib glu32.lib glaux.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib [Edited by - guepe on August 4, 2005 4:43:03 AM]

d h k    439
Which compiler do you use? I assume MSVC++? Then look a little further up. There is a download link only for VC. The code you downloaded is ONLY for this OpenIL compiler, I think (never heard about it though)...

Same thing happened to me when I first did them. ;)

guepe    122
Yes i use MSVC++ (sorry if it wasn't clear)...

In fact, OpenIL is a library for open/save pictures : see [url]http://openil.sourceforge.net/[/url]

arf, for visual c++, the link is not exactly WITH the others !!! ;-) i'm really soryy bothering you with such a small pb ;-)

lol, i have to change my eyes ;-)

Thanks for everything !!!

see you...