Good Examples of 2D GUI in Managed DirectX?

Started by
5 comments, last by Sr_Guapo 18 years, 8 months ago
I'm developing an application that could basically be considered a touchscreen kiosk application, in which 99.8% of the app will be used through a touchscreen 2D Gui. I'd like to do this in DirectX, but am having a very hard time finding any examples demonstrating how to do a 2d GUI that responds to mouse clicks, button presses, drag/drop, etc. Does anyone know of any such examples with source available on the net? Thanks in advance. --NipsMG
Advertisement
Hello,
Check out the DirectX SDK examples, there is a 2D GUI example. The main code is in the gui file of the "Common 7" directX source files. I dont like having to use the common 7 so I just used their SDK as a guideline , its structured pretty well
Which version of DirectX? 9?

If so, where?

I'm looking through the directory tree and I can't find the 2d GUI Example you speak of.

Thanks.
Look in the sample browser - the sample is called CustomUI.

Another one with source availalbe (managed I think!) is crazy Eddies: http://www.cegui.org.uk/modules/news/
ZMan
I must be completely and totally out of my mind then, becuase in My sample browser, there is NO CustomUI project.

I went through every single one, used the search, and searched each category (Direct3D, DirectMusic, DirectSound, DirectInput, DirectPlay, DirectShow, and Miscellaneous) for each language, and it's just not here.

--NipsMG.
I believe that it is June 2005 SDK or later, maybe anyway if you get june's SDK or august it will be there. I just checked it is called CustomUI. If you just check looking for managed and samples its like the 6th one down.

Zwigby
I have the june update and it is there. I was sure it was in the earlier version as well (october IIRC). Are you sure you are checking both managed and unmanbaged, as well as samples? For me, the directory is "C:\Program Files\DirectX SDK\Samples\Managed\Direct3D\CustomUI".
Sean Henley [C++ Tutor]Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement