• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mohammad ghalambor

QuakeIII LevelEditor( .bsp)

This topic is 4846 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Radioactivebloke
I don't think you can edit the BSP files....you can use q3map2 to convert them back to .map but they lose their textures or something I think.

Hi,
Is it necessary to have QuakeIII engine to use Q3Radiant or q3map2? because i use irrLicht engine and it uses .bsp files of QuakeIII. but i don't have QuakeIII engine! is it necessary to get it? is it free?

Best Wishes - Mohammad

Quote:
I don't think you need the engine. I used to map for Quake III so I had an install of it anyway, but I think they will run without it.

Hi,
No Q3Radiant needs Quake exe file and asks for it. and GtkRadiant also has many runtime errors ( maybe because of beta version). What about QuakeIII engine? is it free ? can i download it?
i have a Level Editor that makes .map files ( Getic3D). can i convert .map files to .bsp ones?
i need a simple .bsp level editor but after a lot of search and download there is no approach!

Best Wishes - Mohammad

If you have a level editor that can create .map files, then qeradiant isn't exactly what you need, but it has it. It comes with 3 things crucial for BSP, a BSP compiler, light map compiler, and a visibility compiler. If all you need is to compile your .map->.bsp, I would recommend scrapping QERadiant entirely, after all it's compilers are left-over from the original quake3. Fortunately, some people have taken it upon themselves to develop much more feature-rich and extremely optimized versions of the quake3 bsp/etc compilers. One in particular comes to mind: Q3Map2 And a great resource on the subject: Q3map2 for dummies!

Quote:
Original post by mohammad ghalambor
Quote:
I don't think you need the engine. I used to map for Quake III so I had an install of it anyway, but I think they will run without it.

Hi,
No Q3Radiant needs Quake exe file and asks for it. and GtkRadiant also has many runtime errors ( maybe because of beta version). What about QuakeIII engine? is it free ? can i download it?
i have a Level Editor that makes .map files ( Getic3D). can i convert .map files to .bsp ones?
i need a simple .bsp level editor but after a lot of search and download there is no approach!

Best Wishes - Mohammad

No, it doesn't need the engine. It needs the textures and stuff but not the engine. Q3Radiant is crap. Gtk is way better and can support Team Arena. I have no errors running it. As for Quake III you could buy it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!