QuakeIII LevelEditor( .bsp)

Started by
6 comments, last by Radioactivebloke 18 years, 8 months ago
Hi, How can i edit bsp files for QuakeIII? i need a free powerful leveleditor for it. Best Wishes - Mohammad
Advertisement
q3Radiant: the main editing tool used to create the game, and it's freely avalible.
// The user formerly known as Tojiro67445, formerly known as Toji [smile]
I don't think you can edit the BSP files....you can use q3map2 to convert them back to .map but they lose their textures or something I think.
η β π
Quote:Original post by Radioactivebloke
I don't think you can edit the BSP files....you can use q3map2 to convert them back to .map but they lose their textures or something I think.

Hi,
Is it necessary to have QuakeIII engine to use Q3Radiant or q3map2? because i use irrLicht engine and it uses .bsp files of QuakeIII. but i don't have QuakeIII engine! is it necessary to get it? is it free?

Best Wishes - Mohammad
I don't think you need the engine. I used to map for Quake III so I had an install of it anyway, but I think they will run without it.
η β π
I don't think you need the engine. I used to map for Quake III so I had an install of it anyway, but I think they will run without it.

Hi,
No Q3Radiant needs Quake exe file and asks for it. and GtkRadiant also has many runtime errors ( maybe because of beta version). What about QuakeIII engine? is it free ? can i download it?
i have a Level Editor that makes .map files ( Getic3D). can i convert .map files to .bsp ones?
i need a simple .bsp level editor but after a lot of search and download there is no approach!

Best Wishes - Mohammad
If you have a level editor that can create .map files, then qeradiant isn't exactly what you need, but it has it. It comes with 3 things crucial for BSP, a BSP compiler, light map compiler, and a visibility compiler. If all you need is to compile your .map->.bsp, I would recommend scrapping QERadiant entirely, after all it's compilers are left-over from the original quake3. Fortunately, some people have taken it upon themselves to develop much more feature-rich and extremely optimized versions of the quake3 bsp/etc compilers. One in particular comes to mind: Q3Map2 And a great resource on the subject: Q3map2 for dummies!
Quote:Original post by mohammad ghalambor

Hi,
No Q3Radiant needs Quake exe file and asks for it. and GtkRadiant also has many runtime errors ( maybe because of beta version). What about QuakeIII engine? is it free ? can i download it?
i have a Level Editor that makes .map files ( Getic3D). can i convert .map files to .bsp ones?
i need a simple .bsp level editor but after a lot of search and download there is no approach!

Best Wishes - Mohammad

No, it doesn't need the engine. It needs the textures and stuff but not the engine. Q3Radiant is crap. Gtk is way better and can support Team Arena. I have no errors running it. As for Quake III you could buy it.
η β π

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement