• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
TheMightyDude

OpenGL Problem

This topic is 4852 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello All I am in the middle of creating my own Controls for an Open project of mine, like for example: Combobox, Textbox, Listbox, Buttons, Sliders etc... But I seem to have a bit of a problem. It looks fine on my main PC using a nVidia gfx card, but on my Notebook using an ATI gfx card, it looks all miss alined. ATI Card PNG Image (51KB) nVidia Card PNG Image (57KB) Can you see what I mean? Anyone know why this is happening and know of a way to fix it? Thanks in advance Paul Kirby

Advertisement
I assume you are drawing in ortho projection. Try adding a slight translation (<1pixel) before drawing anything. glTranslatef(0.3f,0.3f,0).

Quote:
Original post by vNistelrooy
I assume you are drawing in ortho projection. Try adding a slight translation (<1pixel) before drawing anything. glTranslatef(0.3f,0.3f,0).

Nice one :)

I placed it like the following:

glOrtho(0.0,screen_width,0.0,screen_height,-1.0,screen_width);
glTranslatef(0.3f,0.3f,0);
glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW);

Though I had to play with the glVertex2i() a bit to re-position the bits.

Still now its sorted Thanks :)

Paul Kirby

Quote:
Original post by vNistelrooy

Mind if I ask why this happens and why the slight translation fixes it?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!