• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Sam Gamgee

Gems Cubed (first DX game) Alpha

This topic is 4848 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I've been learning DX lately (I've been using OGL up to this point) and inorder to test some of the things I learned I created this small puzzle game. It's basically a standard "match the color gems together and get the high score" type deal, except in 3D (with a 3D cube instead of a 2D set of gems... hope that makes sense). Please keep in mind that this is just a test game and the first thing I made with DX, so there aren't any flashy graphics, and there are several bugs, but perhaps it's still slightly interesting. Anyway, if you every have a free minute or two, give it a shot, and please tell me how it worked. Useful information is of course system specs. and FPS (printed in the lower-left corner of the screen). For instructions on how to play, press the "More..." button and then "Help". DL link: http://www.waltsgames.com/Demos/GemsSetup_Alpha.exe (1.37MB) Just a note: There is one rather nasty bug in "Ship Gems" mode where if the game isn't running at or near 80FPS, you won't be able to shoot at all the gems. Sorry about that. Thanks for your time!

Advertisement
Looks good.

Windows XP sp2.
GeForcefx 5600
Amd 1700++
512 RAM.

FPS ~60. When blowing up many gems FPS ~40.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!