[.net] New VB.net rpg

Started by
5 comments, last by DrGUI 18 years, 8 months ago
I'm currently working on a 2D RPG using vb.net and direct3d. Figured I would show everyone what I was working on currently. I'm hoping to release all the source code for all so they can learn from it, and I will also be releasing my editor and documentation on how to create your own game using this engine. It also has full massive multiplayer capabilities, so I will also be releasing the server and client code for each. Please come over and help contribute to the creation of the game also. We will be having a tester beta to begin naming the world. What I mean by this is I'm creating the maps with no towns or human interferance to begin with. Than i'm having players come into the game over the internet and name areas and things within the world. Also suggesting where cities and towns should be, possible dungeons, creatures that would roam in that area and various other things. So once again I look forward to seeing everyone there. Thanks for your time. Clicky Slyprid [Edited by - Machaira on August 8, 2005 10:09:54 AM]
Advertisement
Wow, that looks good! Keep it up.
I really like the sprites and tiles you have so far. That tree is really nice.

Have you thought about creating the water areas by treating them as 3D shapes rendered in orthographic mode?

It might be good practice, and maybe lead to 3D everything?

Just a thought. Keep up the awesome work!
Wow! That looks great, keep up the good work. :D
Looks great! Keep it up, slyprid. Any live demos you can give out?

Quote:Original post by slyprid
Fixed Link
<a href="http://www.forgottenstar.com/EE/" target="_blank">Fixed Link</a>
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
No live demos atm, but i'm hoping to release the explorer client within the next week or so. The explorer client will allow you to log on to the server, and view the raw world. With this i'm hoping to get enough people on to help name areas and features in the game. So if you think this big plain next to this river would be good for a village, than you can submit your suggestion, and we will sort through all the info we recieve and add that to the game. Unfortunately I don't think we will be able to do the whole world during explorer launch due to the fact that i'm making the world totally to scale. Where each tile is 5 feet roughly, so with a world roughly 1200x900 miles... you get the picture. Working on a compression for the map files also, so the world won't be retarded in disk space. I'm also planning on releasing the source code so that anyone can learn from it.
Good work slyprid! [y]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement