• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
d000hg

Extra prize suggestions?

This topic is 4850 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So how about every entry which is accepted to the competition (ie does not get disqualified and has a score of > 0) wins a year/month/week of GDNet+? Or maybe a slightly less generous version of the same offer - I'd quite like to be a member but am very poor since I just bought a house! Someone suggested a plaque or similar, I can't remember if it was real or virtual, but how about an avatar for the top X places which they can use - something like 4e4 - Xth place? It would be cool for all your posts to advertise that you won the contest! Is there any chance of similar (cheap but ego-stroking) prizes being given? Sorry, I'm bored@work and it's Friday. [Edited by - d000hg on August 5, 2005 4:26:28 AM]

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by d000hg
<cut>I'd quite like to be a member but am very poor since I just bought a house!<cut>

Are you a smoker? Seriously, are you so broke that you can't splurge and spend 5 dollars a month!? If not, how are you surviving?

I also agree that this would be nifty (I agree with skittleo; I'm so used to it that I'm keeping it along with getting new hosting.)

A few days ago I was checking out the prizes at Exremely Sharp. After seeing all nifty stuff they have there, I am a little more motivated to get an entry in.

Personally, I am in favor of the avatar icon idea. I can already picture mine "I was Disqualified from 4E4!" or "I placed 125th place in 4E4".

Can you pay monthly for GDNet+ - I thought it was every 6-12 months which is quite a bit of cash, since my disposable income is about £10 a month!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!