Cloth+Liquid=True

Started by
13 comments, last by Airo 18 years, 8 months ago
I'm unfortunately not a frequent poster here but I thought that this forum might be the right place since I didn't want to make it into a news item. We have already linked to this from our site, so it's no secret anymore, so here goes: If you go here you can download some movies of cloth, rigid body and fluid interaction. It is based on a newer solver than the one we have available in the 1.5 version of the Meqon SDK and there is also an exe demonstrating some cloth/RB stuff. Oh, I almost forgot, there's a movie of some deforming metal and shattering as well. Best, Marcus /Edit: The movies are in DivX format [Edited by - MarcusLysen on August 6, 2005 1:35:44 PM]
Advertisement
Hallå där :)

I can't wait for all games to have completely destructable environments like that, it's great fun! I hope Duke-4-EverAndEver has some of this stuff in it :)
I can't get the movies to play - what media player codecs do I need?

cheers
Steve Broumley
ditto, what codecs are you running?
-Scott
Installed FFDSHOW and it played fine.
-Scott

Check out the real-time demo exe instead, it's dynamite :)
VLC reports the codec as DX50 so I guess it is DivX 5

-M
I love these animations, they're brilliant.

What are the sciences involved in them? I'd like to do some reading.

presumably rigid body kinematics for one...
I checked out the demo, it's fun.:P

But when I move those glass boxes with the dummy's in it, the box will move (or scatter) first, and when it stops the dummy will move.

Oh well, I suppose that will be fixed.
Oh, yes. The executable demo, or rather nothing on that page, is made with an official version of the engine and therefore not 100% reliable. However I hope it shows off the main simulation benefits anyhow. And what’s possible with an average PC already!

Also it might be worth mentioning that the movies were captured on a 2ghz system or so, a couple of years old dev machine anyhow.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement