• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Hip_notic

OpenGL New to Opengl

This topic is 4841 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i want to start learning opengl but i dont know were to start some one told me i should learn win32 sdk first but im confused cause i dont know were to start i also need some good opengl tutorials plz help

Advertisement
the only thing is i dont understand this i read over these but i dont really learn anything i just know what some things do but its not helping me much

If you buy the OpenGLSuperbible they have you start of easy with GLUT which has real easy window creation, while lesson1 on NeHe has all that WIN32 stuff to make the window.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
the only thing is i dont understand this i read over these but i dont really learn anything i just know what some things do but its not helping me much

Maybe you should try to not just copy the tutorials but also understand what does each line do... if that's not learning then I don't know what it is

ya ive bean trying to break the code down in the nehe tutorials but some stuff i dont get then im just lost after that but ill try to get those books if not ill just keep trying on nehe

Quote:
Original post by _the_phantom_
If you want books then there is the aformentioend Red and Blue books as well as Beginning OpenGL Game Programming

This book to me is actually a pretty good book. I was using nehe's tutorials but this book goes into a little more detail. It is more complete in a sence.

hey i've got some opengl tutorials for beginners (win32 api to opengl). go to: http://developer.nomadph.com :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!