New to Opengl

Started by
15 comments, last by Jolle 18 years, 8 months ago
i want to start learning opengl but i dont know were to start some one told me i should learn win32 sdk first but im confused cause i dont know were to start i also need some good opengl tutorials plz help
Advertisement
You might want to start with the tutorials at nehe.gamedev.net.
the only thing is i dont understand this i read over these but i dont really learn anything i just know what some things do but its not helping me much
If your looking for more refrence style learning theres The Red Book and the The Blue Book
-----------------------------When men speak of the future, the Gods laugh.An apology for the devil: it must be remembered that we have heard one side of the case. God has written all the books.Samuel Butler (1835 - 1902)
If you buy the OpenGLSuperbible they have you start of easy with GLUT which has real easy window creation, while lesson1 on NeHe has all that WIN32 stuff to make the window.
Quote:the only thing is i dont understand this i read over these but i dont really learn anything i just know what some things do but its not helping me much

Maybe you should try to not just copy the tutorials but also understand what does each line do... if that's not learning then I don't know what it is
If you want books then there is the aformentioend Red and Blue books as well as Beginning OpenGL Game Programming
ya ive bean trying to break the code down in the nehe tutorials but some stuff i dont get then im just lost after that but ill try to get those books if not ill just keep trying on nehe
Quote:Original post by _the_phantom_
If you want books then there is the aformentioend Red and Blue books as well as Beginning OpenGL Game Programming

This book to me is actually a pretty good book. I was using nehe's tutorials but this book goes into a little more detail. It is more complete in a sence.

hey i've got some opengl tutorials for beginners (win32 api to opengl). go to: http://developer.nomadph.com :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement