• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
drackill

[web] Layering two images, within a table

This topic is 4849 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, Just wondering but I'm working on something and I wish to conceal a jpg image of the same size, with a semi transparent gif which will go over it, both of these images will be in the same TD I'm just wondering if this is possible? As I have been looking on the net but unfortunatly been unable to find anything to help me. At the moment i have one img looking at img.behind and one image looking at img.front, these are within a css page the behind has z-index: 1; the front has a z-index: 2; but unfortunatly this hasnt worked, as it just lays the image to the other images side, i'm thinking its something to do with positioning but I'm unsure. Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisement
Perhaps use the css?

make something like

.layerpic {
background-image: url(images/image.jpg);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

then in the table

<td class = layerpic>

</td>

Does that help at all?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!